In the Broadband Communities, Online Magazine article, “Financing Fiber Networks“, they give some great tips on how to fund fiber build outs for Municipal Broadband efforts. The article covered over a half a dozen mechanisms for acquiring funding to build out a home grown Community Broadband Network.
- Crowdfunding a Fiber Network
- Attracting Major Investors
- State Grants
- State Capital – Lease Financing
- Tax Law Changes – What to Lobby For?
- Municipal Debt Financing
- Technology Companies Invest in Broadband
- Working With a Local Foundation
- Federal Funding Streams